Published: 29-08-2010 photo #9522 0 comments 0 votes
Built in 1958,Arnold Machin was purchased by the Eccles Slag Company and worked in their sidings until the mid 1970's when it was put into storage.
The loco was loaned to the Appleby Frodingham Railway Preservation Society by Eccles successor the East Coast Slag Company and returned to working order in 1992.The livery is that of the Eccles Slag Company.
Arnold Machin was manufactured by the Yorkshire Engine Company. Photo taken on 28/08/2010 at the Corus steelworks in Scunthorpe, N.Lincs.