Published: 14-11-2017 photo #27616 0 comments 0 votes
Photographed on 2 October 2015. Zbąszyń is one of the oldest towns in Poland, having received town privileges before 1311, and being mentioned as a settlement from 1231. It is about 75 km west of Poznan. As a result of the Second Partition of Poland in 1793 it became part of the Kingdom of Prussia and was administered within South Prussia. After the Napoleonic Wars, the town was within the Grand Duchy of Posen and later the Province of Posen. It became part of the German Empire in 1871. In 1918 it became part of the Second Polish Republic.