Published: 27-10-2017 photo #27523 0 comments 0 votes
Class Px27 locomotive photographed at the Wenecja (Venice) Narrow Gauge Museum in Poland.
Built in 1929 in Chrzanow, Poland by Fabryka Lokomotyw w Polsce SA, factory type W5A, Works no. 344. Only two of type W5A were built, and they were equipped with 2-axle tenders, despite being basically tank locomotives.
Owned and operated by Wyrzysk County Railways as KP 26, and based with its sister at the Białośliwie depot. Both locomotives were absorbed into PKP (Polish State Railways) after WW2 and classified Px27 (P - locomotive with a tender, x - D axle arrangement, 27 – Polish origin locomotive designed in 1927).