Published: 27-09-2016 photo #25790 0 comments 1 votes
Ordered during the First World War by the Ministry of Munitions from W G Bagnall Ltd. of Stafford, 0-4-0 saddle tank "Wendy" was not completed by the Armistice. She was sold in 1919 to the Votty and Bowydd slate quarry at Blaenau Ffestiniog.
By 1930 she had been transferred to the Dorothea Quarry at Nantlle, acquiring her name there.
She fell out of use around the end of the WW2 and was bought by the Hampshire Narrow Gauge Railway Society in the early 1960's.
Rebuilt between 1969 and 1979 she ran, firstly, on a private site in Hampshire, then, briefly, at a holiday centre on Hayling Island, before transfer to Kew Bridge Steam Museum in London.
She then had a very successful stay at the Amberley Chalk Pits Museum, Sussex, England.
She received a major overhaul in 2012 and is now at Bursledon Brickworks Museum, Southampton,England where this image was taken in September 2016..