Published: 23-12-2015 photo #24073 0 comments 0 votes
Budapest-Déli pályaudvar (Budapest south station) located in Buda, photographed on 8 May 2014. This station first opened in 1861 on the line towards Rijeka (then known as Fiume and part of the Austro-Hungarian Empire) on the Adriatic Sea. It was badly damaged during WW2, and the modern façade of the railway station (the only modern building in the three of Budapest's major rail terminals) was eventually completed in 1975. The western terminus of the M2 (East-West) line of the Budapest Metro is beneath the terminal building.