Published: 15-12-2015 photo #24035 0 comments 0 votes
Hungarian State Railways (MAV) locomotive photographed on 8 May 2014 in the Magyar Vasúttörténeti Park ("Hungarian Railway History Park"). Built by MAVAG (Budapest) in 1932, Works no. 43.
This group was similar to the V40 class, but with six driven axles (F wheel arrangement) and 67 km/h maximum speed, designed to haul heavy freight trains (mainly coal trains from the Oroszlany area to Budapest, weighing 2,000-3,000 tons). Only 3 units were built (2 prototypes, 1 production). The locomotives were produced in 1932 (001-002) 1939 (003), and were withdrawn in the mid-60s. Only 60.003 now remains; it used to be displayed at the Kando High School.