Published: 17-11-2015 photo #23824 0 comments 0 votes
Photographed at the Crich National Tramway Museum on 13 April 2015.
Oporto tram no. 273 arrived from Portugal in June 1996, in a completely different advertising livery. It was completely disassembled and rebuilt, with new timbers as needed. Particularly noteworthy are the rattan cane seats. The livery is now the post-war ochre and cream. Restoration was completed by 2002. See also picture 17876.
Glasgow no. 1068 was originally Paisley District Tramways no. 68, to a similar design as London Transport no. 1622 (see picture 23823. Glasgow Corporation Tramways took over the Paisley Company in 1923 and renumbered their trams by adding 1000. They modernised these trams, which ended up with a Glasgow top deck on a London lower deck. No. 1068 was the last survivor and arrived at Crich in September 1960, being rebuilt in 1977. See also picture 17754 and picture 17904.