Published: 15-11-2015 photo #23814 0 comments 0 votes
Seldom used for normal services in Glasgow, this tram was photographed at the Crich National Tramway Museum on 13 April 2015. It was originally built in 1928 or 1929 as one of a batch of 30 Hurst Nelson maximum-traction bogie cars, but soon went back into the Car Works to have its bogies changed. Many other new features were trialled during WW2, and finally the tram was scheduled to be scrapped in 1949. However it remained until the 1962 termination of the Glasgow tram system. It was the last to leave the Car Works before arriving at Crich, where it ran from 1965 to 1976.