Published: 26-09-2015 photo #23487 0 comments 0 votes
Photographed on 22 August 2009 at the Rizhsky Vokzal railway museum in Moscow, Russia.
The plate on the big dome states that this is no. 1836, built in 1903, at the Braynskiy works. The "Ov" stands for Ovechka, which is the name of this type of 0-8-0 locomotive. They originally ran on coal, then wood, and later oil. The restoration, which took place from 1993 to 2004, at the Roslavl and Podmoskovnaya depots, returned it to the coal and wood burning style. The chimney carries a mesh spark arrestor.
See also picture 23485