Published: 30-06-2015 photo #23122 0 comments 1 votes
Originally a 2' gauge 0-4-0 WT Bonnie Dundee was built by Kerr Stuart in 1900 for Dundee gasworks, the engine was bought by Ian Fraser around 1960 and donated to the railway in 1976.
After a rebuild, it emerged as an 0-4-2T in 1982, with the side tanks from 'Ella', and was used on winter and other lighter trains. 1996 saw the locomotive rebuilt again with a new boiler and reversed Southern valve gear replacing the original inside Stephenson's valve gear, this time incorporating a tender.
One of a number of locomotives at the Ravenglass and Eskdale Steam Railway, Cumbria, England, it is currently on static display at Ravenglass Station where it was photographed in June 2015.