Published: 23-05-2015 photo #22830 0 comments 0 votes
25/4/2015 Midland Railway Centre, Butterley, UK
Built at Derby in 1958/9 originally as 4-car sets for the St. Pancras to Bedford route, earning the nick-name of ‘BedPan' units. The class was withdrawn from passenger service in 1983 when the St Pancras suburban route was electrified. Several units were converted to Diesel Parcels Vehicles with the stripping of the interior, plating over of windows and provision of roller shutter doors mid way along each side.
51591, 59609 & 51625 - This 3 car set is currently in traffic.