Published: 23-05-2015 photo #22829 0 comments 0 votes
25/4/2015 Midland Railway Centre, Butterley, UK
Built by the Gloucester Railway Carriage & Wagon Co in 1957, six class 100 vehicles became early subjects of preservation seeing extensive use in the 1970's & 1980's. However wear & tear lead to all six seeing a decline in condition, the last example carrying passengers about 20 years ago.
Vehicles 51118 (the sole surviving DMBS - Driving Motor Brake Second) and 56097 (DTCL - Driving Trailer Composite Lavatory) are currently undergoing bodywork restoration.