Published: 15-03-2012 photo #13613 0 comments 0 votes
Photographed at Buckfastleigh Station, SDR, on 7 March, 2012.
Built by Peckett & Sons of Bristol in 1926, works number 1690, for a gypsum mine in Kingston-upon-Soar, Notts, where she worked until the early 1970s until she was bought for preservation on the Shackerstone Railway.
She was purchased by a member of the South Devon Railway Association and arrived in Devon in July 1976.
After extensive restoration and the fitting of vacuum brake equipment, Lady Angela recently returned to steam, painted in an attractive green livery and is used for shunting and on special event days. The engine is named Lady Angela after the second Lady Belper, whose family estate included the gypsum mine where the locomotive worked.
See also picture 1195.